Caring for natural stone countertops is easier than you think! Natural stone countertops are a beautiful and durable addition to any kitchen or bathroom. However, they require proper care and maintenance to keep them looking their best for years to come.
In this comprehensive guide, TOPS Countertops shares expert tips and techniques for maintaining your natural stone countertops. We’ll cover everything from sealant application to stain removal, long-term maintenance, and environmental considerations.
Countertop Sealant: Protecting Your Investment
The first step in caring for your natural stone countertops is to apply a sealant. This will help to protect the surface from stains, scratches, and other damage.
TOPS Solid Surface recommends using our water-based, commercial-grade, and food-safe sealant. This sealant is easy to apply and dries quickly, leaving a clear, protective finish.
Routine Natural Stone Maintenance
In addition to sealant, there are a few other things you can do to care for your natural stone countertops on a daily basis.
- Clean with a mild soap and water solution. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as these can damage the surface.
- Wipe up spills immediately. This will help to prevent stains from setting in.
- Use cutting boards and trivets to protect the surface from scratches.
- Avoid placing hot pans directly on the countertop. Use hot pads or trivets to protect the surface from heat damage.
Specialty Granite Stain Removal
Occasionally, you may get a stain on your natural stone countertop. If this happens, there are a few things you can do to remove it.
- Identify the type of stain. This will help you determine the best way to remove it.
- Act quickly. The sooner you treat a stain, the easier it will be to remove. Call us if you need a hand! The sooner we know about it the better.
- Use a mild soap and water solution as a first step. If this doesn’t work, you may need to try a more specialized stain remover.
- Test the stain remover in an inconspicuous area first. This will help to make sure that it doesn’t damage the surface.
Ongoing Natural Stone Countertop Care
In addition to daily care, there are a few other things you can do to maintain your natural stone countertops over time.
- Reseal the countertops every few years. This will help to keep the surface protected and looking its best.
- Inspect the countertops regularly for any signs of damage. If you see any cracks, chips, or loose sealant, have them repaired by a professional.
- Consider having your countertops professionally polished or refinished every few years. This will restore their natural luster and beauty.
When caring for your natural stone countertops, it’s important to consider the environment.
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products. There are many natural and non-toxic cleaning products available that are safe for use on natural stone.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners. These can damage the surface and pollute the environment.
For more stone care tips and tricks checkout Granite Gold’s Website FAQ.
With the right care and maintenance, your natural stone countertops will continue to exude elegance and durability for years to come. By following the tips in this guide, you can enjoy the full beauty and longevity of your countertops. Caring for natural stone countertops doesn’t have to be a hassle!
Thank you for choosing TOPS Countertops as your countertop provider. We look forward to assisting you throughout your countertop care journey.
If it’s an emergency you can call us at +1-360-459-3000. We can provide an hourly service which can assist with repairing cracks and chips, removing stains, or preventative restaining of your natural stone countertops.
We service everywhere in the Greater South Sound area from Pierce County up to Mason and Lewis Counties, and all the way out to the coast!